1. It might come as a shock to some people, but I never really saw myself as an EFL teacher. In fact, I was interested in becoming a subtitler, that’s why my postgraduate studies were on Audiovisual Translation.
2. My greatest passion though has always been singing. I took singing lessons for about 4 years, sang in bands and I’m still trying to rehearse whenever I can. Music is the only thing in life that relaxes me.
3. Come to think about it, cooking also helps me unwind. I love experimenting with new recipes and trying all different types of spices whenever I cook.
4. I adore horror stories and films, generally anything related to creepy, old houses.:) When I was at university, I was so captivated by gothic literature that I was thinking of pursuing further studies in the field of literary theory.
5. I’m scared of flying. Funny thing is I have travelled so many times in my life that I can’t really see why that fear exists.
6. I don’t like people taking me photographs, but I love taking photographs myself.
7. I am enthusiastic about teaching and I get carried away very easily! My PC is filled with ideas, handouts, craft templates etc. that I haven’t tried yet.
8. One of the things I really want to do someday is to organize cooking lessons in English.
9. I’m a perfectionist in every aspect of my life.
10. I love road trips. So far, I’ve been on 3 road trips across Europe and hopefully I’ll be able to travel by car for more years to come!
11. I’m not a nature lover, that’s why I hate insects, especially cockroaches and spiders.
Now, to answer Jo’s questions
1. What is your favourite film? My favourite film is Kubrick’s “The Shining”. Jack Nickolson is absolutely amazing in the starring role and I still think it’s one of the scariest films I’ve ever seen although it’s been 33 years since its release.
2. What is that you can’t stand? I can’t stand rude and ungrateful people.
Here are the bloggers I would like to tag so that hopefully they can get the challenge going!:).They are people I admire for their ideas and passion and whose blogs I’ve been reading for a while now.
- How has your job changed the way you perceive the world?
- What is the most valuable lesson your students have taught you?
- Which is one mistake you’ve never learnt from and continue making?
- If you could turn back time, which era would you like to live in and why?
- Who was your childhood hero?
- What’s the best conference you’ve ever attended?
- What do you think is the most demanding level to teach and why?
- What is one thing you always put off doing?
- What kind of coffee do you prefer?
- If you were a super hero who would you be and why?
- If your life had a soundtrack, what songs would be on it?