I was so surprised to see that I had been tagged by Joanna Malefaki to do the 11 facts about myself challenge. I was tagged once again about 3 years ago, but it’s a great challenge so I loved the idea of taking it up once again!
Here are my answers to Joanna’s questions:
1. How do you spend your free time? I usually listen to music or play music, watch TV series online or cook. I also like reading books, especially in summer, when I have more free time. Another thing I love doing is playing HOGs which also inspire me for teaching (old post on how you can use HOGs in class here)
2. What’s your favourite song? There are tons of songs I love and my favorites change all the time. If I had to choose two songs (see? not one:) I’ve been listening to all the time for the past month these would be Joe Bonamassa & Beth Hart’s versions of “A change is gonna come” and “Sinner’s prayer”. But as I’ve said I have so many songs I love it’s hard to choose one only.
3. What’s your favourite food? Again I’m a huge food and cooking lover, so it’s difficult to pick one dish only. I love pasta and risotto a lot as well as roast meat cooked in tomato sauce with vegetables (preferably aubergines and potatoes).
4. My guilty pleasure is…….. (fill in the sentence). Experimenting in cooking, tasting what I’ve created and sharing it with my friends/family.
5. Share a picture.
Brunch and coffee time at home about a week ago!
6. If you could go anywhere in the world to teach, where would you go and why? Teaching in a new place would be an exciting challenge no matter where I would be. If I had to choose, I think I would love the idea of teaching in a remote island in the Pacific. I’d love to see how creative I could be by using nature and my students’ reality in my teaching.
7. What’s your top tip for new teachers? Don’t be afraid to take risks and make mistakes. In fact, I would encourage people to do exactly what they’re afraid of. I feel that we only grow and develop professionally when we dream big and learn to overcome our fears.
8. What’s your top tip for teachers who feel burnt out? Accept that you can’t have control over everything in your life. Take a step back and re-evaluate your priorities. If you feel you can’t move on, focus on what you love doing and spend more quality time with people you care about.
9. If I wasn’t an English teacher , I would be a/ an……. singer. I don’t even have to think about this one! 🙂
10. What’s the funniest thing that has happened during a lesson? Lots of funny things have happened! The funniest moments take place during class games or the moments when we share stories in class!
11. Describe a typical work day. I wake up around 9.30, have breakfast and then start preparing for my afternoon lessons. I have lunch, then head to work where I normally teach from 4 to 10. Once I come back home, I do part of next day’s work and then have dinner, watch TV or go out for a drink.
Here are my 11 questions:
- What would make you happiest on a busy work day?
- What is your dream holiday destination?
- What advice would you give to your 50-year old self?
- Which part of the day do you like most?
- What’s your most/least favorite type of music?
- Which is one mistake you’ve never learnt from and continue making?
- If you could turn back time, which era would you like to live in and why?
- What’s your favorite super hero and why?
- If you could be an animal, which animal would you be and why?
- I’m proud that I’ve …………… (complete the sentence)
- What is one thing you always put off doing?
And here are the 11 + 1 people I tag. 🙂